Blaq Property are committed to maintaining and protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect. We are guided by the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Act”) and its Principles. The Act affords an individual the right to know what information is held by the Company. How we use the information we collect and how an individual can access the information we hold and if they believe it is incorrect how to request its correction.
We will never sell your personal information.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- By email;
- Over the telephone;
- Through written correspondence (such as letters and emails);
- On hard copy forms;
- In person;
- Through our website (for example: if you make an online enquiry or booking or request a copy of a report or guide);
- Expressions of Interest in a property;
- When required or authorised by law, for example, government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue.
- From third parties such as an authorized representative: financial advisors, lawyers, accountants; mortgage brokers; real estate agents; builders; developers
- Through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
Disclosure of your Personal Information via Social Media Sites
- By engaging in any Social Media Activity on our Social Media Sites, you agree to and are subject to the terms and conditions of such Social Media Sites. Any Personal Information pinned or posted or uploaded by you onto Social Media Sites can be disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such Social Media Sites.
- Generally, photos and other material pinned or posted to Social Media Sites will be able to be viewed by the general public. Such photos and other material may be re-pinned and re-posted by others indefinitely and will be visible by anyone visiting the locations to which the photos or other material have been re-pinned. You may be able to remove the photos or other material that you have pinned or posted from the location at which you pinned or posted it. However, any material that has been re-pinned will be out of our control and neither you nor we will be able to remove it from any re-pinned location. We are not responsible for any material that has been re-pinned or re-posted.
- We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
- Via Social Media Sites, we may be able to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute Personal Information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites (“Other Sites”). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such Other Sites.
- All Blaq Property email communications contain information that is confidential.
- The information contained in our emails and any attachments are intended for the named recipients. It may contain privileged confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender of mis-delivery by return email. Any use or disclosure of the contents of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Blaq Property does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of the email communication has been maintained, nor that the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Giving you information about a property related product or service via email, telephone, SMS, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums
- To maintain contact with you
- Identifying you or verifying your authority to act on behalf of another client;
- Telling you about other products or services that may be of interest to you, or running competitions and other promotions
- Assisting in arrangements with other organisations (such as mortgage broker, solicitor, real estate agent, builder, developer) in relation to a property related product or service we are assisting you with.
- Allowing us to run our businesses and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- Database management
- Developing and marketing products and services;
- Systems development and testing, including our website and other online channels;
- Undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis;
- Preventing or investigating any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime;
- As required by law, regulation or codes binding us;
- For any purpose for which you have given your consent and;
- Training staff.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and also to push advertisements to your internet protocol address. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
If you log onto one of our websites and read or download information our Internet Service Provider/Hosting Provider, will record your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used for statistical and web site development purposes only and does not identify you.
You can manage/ opt out of Facebook re-targeting here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We will take reasonable commercial measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your information may be kept in electronic form or hard copy.
We implement a number of processes to ensure your personal information is safeguarded. Our processes include the following:
- encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software, data back-up and login and password protection
- information storage security policies;
- security measures for systems access;
- access control for our Customer Relationship Management systems; and
- secure web forms when collecting sensitive information.
We take reasonable care to ensure any personal information you provide us via our website is protected. For example, if we require your sensitive information our websites have electronic security systems in place which include data encryption
Our website contains links to other websites. We have no control over the privacy practices employed at other websites and we accept no responsibility for Personal Information provided via unsecured websites.
We cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
How To Contact Us
We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information.
You may access your personal information that we hold or request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also advise any corrections or updates to your personal information.
If at any stage you no longer wish to receive marketing or be on our database, please send an email to email@example.com with your full name, email you subscribed with, postcode, mobile number and the communication mediums you wish to unsubscribe from.
If you believe we have breached an Australian Privacy Principle or registered Australian Privacy Principle code and would like to make a complaint, you can do so in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days.
You may direct any subsequent complaints to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a- privacy-complaint